In the aviation world, hot air balloons are an incredibly safe form of flight, and they have become increasingly safe over time. The weather is the most important concern in hot air balloon safety. High winds and extreme weather are potentially very dangerous. An experienced pilot will not fly in these conditions. All our pilots are highly trained & competent to fly with several hours of flying under their belts. We strictly maintain the Safety & Quality standards set by the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority. With our experienced and competent pilots, you will always feel safe at all times during the flight. Regular maintenance checks are carried out on all our equipment’s to ensure the quality of service. We are licensed by the General Civil Aviation Authority and all our balloons undergo a strict maintenance program including routine inspections. Before every Hot Air Balloon flight, the pilots conduct a safety briefing with all passengers. The pilot will explain how to get in and out of the balloon basket, the landing position and other guidelines. A day before any flight, our pilots always check the weather to track any changes. This helps us to ensure the safety and security of our passengers at all times. Our trained ground staff assist the passengers and pilots with applying our safety procedures from setting up the balloon, during take-off, flight and landing. In the wake of COVID 19, we have improved our health and safety measures by reducing the number of passengers per balloon as well as introducing transparent screen protector shields in the basket.
Our guest’s wellbeing, safety and security is our utmost priority. We have introduced certain measures in-line with local authority requirements to tackle the issue of covid-19 without compromising the quality of customer experience:
• Our Safety Manager and staff will ensure all of the COVID-19 protocols are implemented.
• All our staff are trained & certified as Covid-19 Ambassadors from the Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences (MBRU).
• All staff dealing with our guests will be regularly screened for Covid-19. Strict protocols are in place for any staff members displaying any symptoms to remain away from work until testing or quarantine is be completed.
• All of our Pilots, ground crew and other members will have their temperatures checked daily.
• During the safety briefing everyone including our pilots will maintain a safe distance.
• Due to current guidelines, guests with high risk medical conditions, chronic diseases and respiratory illnesses will not be allowed to join our experiences.
• All guests will undergo contactless temperature screening at the time of pick-up.
• Mandatory usage of face masks at all times. Guests must be wearing a mask at all times.
• We will not host any guests displaying any symptoms of covid-19 or having a body temperature above 37.5 Celsius. Anyone not able to join the activity as a result of COVID – 19 will receive a full refund & should provide with relevant documentation in order to receive the same.
• Contactless thermometers and sanitisers will be available in every vehicle & temperature checks will be done by the driver before entering the vehicle at the time of pick-up.
• We conduct a thorough cleaning and sanitisation of all hot air balloons, equipment, vehicles and public areas before and after each flight.
• Transparent screen protector shields have been installed in our balloon baskets for additional safety without compromising passenger view.
• Sanitisers will also be available at our facility as well as on the balloon to maintain hygiene.
• Guests will have to fill out a self-declaration form at the time of pick-up.